Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Work You Love


I had further thoughts about yesterday's post. My intention was not to negate the importance of work - or the deep fullfilment meaningful work can bring into your life. Of course, the key word is "meaningful."

In the best of all possible worlds, everyone would discover their passion and follow it. They would do what they love and the money would follow. Why don't people? It's possible. In fact, it isn't even that difficult. The trick is, to discover the passion. Children know what their passion is - school and life often beat that knowledge out of us. It's worth the time and effort it takes to rediscover what you love doing. It's the foundation for success.

But even when your work is your passion, take time. Do more than work. Life - simple life - that should also be a passion. Life is magnificent.

In my life, I have often had the experience of work and passion aligning - not always. I know how it feels to do what you love - it's important. But oh, how easy it has been for me to lose sight of the rest of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment