Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday


I love Fridays. I know they shouldn't be all that important any more. Heck, for one thing, I work at home. For another thing, it really is hard to call it "work" sometimes. Take today, for instance: two stories to write. Honestly, it doesn't take long.

Still, after forty-five years of working, (forty-five years??!! Yikes!) the TGIF philosophy is firmly ingrained - and I'm not even sure that I want to fully disengage from it. There's something delicious about the anticipation of the weekend and of doing all those traditional weekend activities like shopping for yet more books at Chapters and hiking and watching a movie and not even thinking about work.

As I sink deeper into "not-doing" I will likely save all my semi-work activities for Monday - Friday - just because I like Fridays - yes, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment