Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

Wisdom


Another thing about getting older - wisdom. Yes, if you're open to it and humble enough to be willing to learn, you will grow wiser as you age.

I am surprised, still, at how many people choose not to become wiser. They are so enamoured of logic and knowledge that wisdom simply seems to pass them by. Knowledge and wisdom are miles apart. Knowledge is facts and data - wisdom is what you do with them.

I also define wisdom as intuitive knowing - and that comes with years of practice, years of being open and aware and years of loving the learning process. I believe wisdom can also be defined as emotional intelligence.

We don't give enough credence or importance to that kind of wisdom because we can't measure it. For most of our history, credence has weighed on the side of the measurable and steered away from those things we can't define through logic.

I don't set myself up as a wise person. However, I do know that I have gained wisdom and continue to do so with each year. Wisdom allows me to make better judgments, even in retrospect (especially in retrospect). I did what when I was eighteen???!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment