Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010


I'm taking the rest of the year off.

There's something very delicious about starting a day off knowing there isn't a single "have-to" in it - only self imposed ones. In other words, I don't even have to vacuum today if I don't want to.

I can do anything I want. That includes shopping for a new Mac, which I am tempted to do. What stops me is not the money or the shops - it's the enormous hassle of data transfer. The person who one day invents a simple 2-step, five minute process for transferring data between an old and a new computer will become an instant billionaire. I know that I always have to set aside two days before every last piece is in place.

So - I shall wait until next year to buy a Mac. It takes me a full year to work myself up to it.

By next year I will be even more retired than I am now - I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment