Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

Doing Work


Here's my theory about work - get it done first.

Even when I don't want to tackle a chore - especially a really big one - I handle it as quickly as possible. If I don't, it nags at me. It's an incomplete. I can't fully enjoy myself if there's a baby elephant that needs to be washed.

I spent an hour on the phone going over requirements for a web site on Thursday. I had two weeks to do the writing. But I also had five days off - to think about the work and stew about getting it done - and it's a large project.

I did the outline and first draft on Friday morning, which guaranteed peace of mind until today. So, I honed it this morning. Now all it needs is one final read through before it goes to the client tomorrow - far ahead of schedule. That leaves plenty of time for revisions.

And it feels awfully good. Now it's time for play. I wish The King's Speech was playing locally. It's the movie I really want to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment