Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Icebreaker


I'm not what I would call a "shopper." I don't like browsing through stores, hunting for bargains and picking up things I don't really need. I'm not really "stuff" oriented.

And then there's Boxing Day. It's one of my few shopping days in the year. (outside essential shopping days like Chapter for books - but then that's like shopping for groceries - a dire necessity).

So today I arrived at Valhalla Pure (my favourite store) about five minutes before the doors opened. They opened - I headed straight for the Icebreaker area. And if you have never heard of Icebreaker, I suggest www.icebreaker.com - it's truly the best and most sustainably created outdoor clothing in the world. The pure Merino is as find as silk or as rugged as the toughest synthetic outdoor wear. And no, it wasn't all on sale. Did I care? Not really. I wanted (and bought) the new all Merino fleecy jacket, a heavyweight sweater, a silky under layer, gloves and a hat. I have already put the fleecy, gloves and hat to the test. As expected, they passed with flying colours. This stuff is worth the premium price.

Then it was off to Chapters for their annual 30 percent off hard cover sale - that's 40 percent with my Chapters card. Then I made the fatal mistake of entering Woodgrove. It was mad - just mad. I was thinking new jeans but by the time I'd been there 15 minutes, I had to leave - in fact, I had to leave, go home, have lunch and take an extra long nap.

I'll buy jeans some other time. And sweat pants - I need sweat pants - also, another time. Meanwhile, I have all the necessities a girl could ask for: Icebreaker, good books and dark chocolate. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment