Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

planning the road trip


Today I'm beginning to think about my upcoming road trip across most of Canada. Going is simple - Trans Canada Highway all the way. It's coming back where I need advice. I want to avoid all those soulless interstate umpteen-lane highways - looking instead for scenic routes. I will be crossing into the United States at Kingston (I assume there is a border crossing there) and then heading east.

From what I can see Highway 12 from Detroit to Washington State would be the way to go - with a detour to Glacier National Park and the Going to the Sun Road - and I also want to hike in the Palouse in Eastern Washington.

And I really, really want to avoid all the cities.

I welcome advice from anyone about where to go (polite advice that is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment