Search This Blog

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Delayed Spring


It would be so easy to complain about the coldest, wettest April on record - and then mutter something about May following heartily in April's footsteps. I could almost justifiably complain about the hail this morning and the forecast of snow overnight.

But instead let me say that I took two hikes today - one on the Morden Colliery trail this morning and Cable Bay trail this afternoon. The greens of the new leaves and moss and grasses were so bright, it was like they were generating their own sunshine. Even in the rain - exquisite beauty.

What is important and to be celebrated is what is right now - not what I think "should be."

What is, is a long, green, verdant prodigal spring.

Letting go of everything except now. I may not be very good at it yet, but at least I'm making a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment