Search This Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day off


There's something wonderfully decadent and satisfying about a day off in the middle of the week - so today has been delightful. Except for the part where I took Abby for a walk at Colliery Dam this morning at the off-leash area where a couple of guys were fishing. One had caught a nice big trout and laid it on the ground. Big mistake. Abby had it in a heartbeat.

So I hustle her away with many apologies and she's on to the next fisherman who has a jar of salmon roe bait beside him - yup - she got that too.

Payback this afternoon - good old fate - one of the new horses got into my raspberries - it took half a bag of carrots to get him out. (stick didn't work at all). I am philosophically telling myself that my raspberries needed pruning - lots of pruning.

So I was thinking that maybe I'll stay semi-retired at the level I am now rather than take on even less work. Life is good. Maybe this is just the right amount of work for me.

Might just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment