Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2011

another cold and rainy day


I don't want to complain - and for good reasons.

First, no one really wants to read about or listen to my petty whining.

Second, complaining about the weather (and that, dear readers is the issue at hand) never, ever changed it - not that I know of. Maybe if Thor complained to Odin, he could do something but I don't have that kind of pull.

I should just be happy that it's spring and the days are getting progressively longer and it's staggeringly green out there and flowers are blooming and birds are singing.

But I really do want to wake up one morning soon to sunshine - not one more oppressively grey sky.

I want to want to go out for a walk with Abby in the morning - not force myself to. And then, when I do go out, I want to do it without pulling a toque over my head, without putting on my warm waterproof jacket, without putting on gloves and without pulling on my heavy wool socks before sticking my feet into gum boots.

Okay - that's my whine. I live in the Pacific Northwest - in a rain forest for heaven's sakes. Deal with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment