Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day


On mother's day I reflect on my mother - now there's a revolutionary thought!

I can't begin to imagine the influence she has had on me, although later this year I plan on a writing project that will help me imagine it more accurately. In the meantime, I know I could very easily get negative about her, And I won't

Two things that I know about my mother and for which I am incredibly grateful. My mother is generous and she loves me unconditionally.

Those two things alone make her a terrific mother.

And I also know that even when she was screwing up mightily, she was doing the best she could at the time. Not once - not ever - did she stop loving me. And there were a couple of years there where I was not very loveable or even likeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment