Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2011

I can See Clearly


I don't quite know what to make of this - I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Several weeks ago I had flashing lights and swirls of colour dance around my vision for about 15 minutes. A couple of days after that I noticed that my eyesight had changed significantly. I have been far sighted for ages and need glasses for driving. I could no longer see through those glasses but could see well enough to drive without them.

Still, I made an appointment at Iris to have a checkup and to get new lenses put in my frames (sunglasses and regular glasses.)

I had a thorough exam and was given two pieces of information. 1 - I have cataracts. Not a surprise - my mother has had cataracts for ages. 2 - I had gone from being far sighted to having astigmatism. So - fine - I got a new prescription. This was two weeks ago.

I got home and asked my friends about supplements  - and I checked online. A couple of days later I bought a supplement containing Lutein, Bilberry and  anthocyanidins (anti-oxidant that's supposed to be great for eyesight)

So - everything was fine. My eyes seemed fine - better actually but not anything I paid much attention to.

Today my new prescription was ready. I went to Iris and put on my new glasses - and couldn't see a thing. The woman checked the prescription - it was accurate. I could read signs and so on just fine without glasses - but with them - nothing.

So next week I see the eye doctor again to find out what the heck is going on.

I'm pleased that my eyes seem fine. But I have no idea whether this is some kind of miracle or....

What I'm most concerned about now is getting back the money I already spent (a considerable amount). But Iris seems very good that way.

Still - weird, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment