Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

May 2


What to say today?

First of all, I felt that the day needed a picture of a puppy - so here's Abby at 8 weeks old. It seems so long/short ago. Today she's a big 70-pound dog, chewing on a raw marrow bone out on the deck.

Yesterday they killed Osama Bin Laden. That's the big news - it almost overshadows the election.

As Michael Moore said, "Can we now carry shampoo on the plane? Can we keep our shoes on? Can we not be groped any more?"

Of course, the fear mongers (war mongers, FOX news, far right wing, etc.) have already - minutes after the announcement - said, "Uh-oh - watch out for retaliation."

Come on people, give us a break. Stop it! You can you know. You can change your mind in a heartbeat and just stop. You can start smiling. You can start feeling hope and joy. Yes you can - you just have to decide to.

Back to the election. I will head to my polling station this afternoon. Polling Station - hmmm - sounds like a place I bring my Herefords to have them de-horned. Nevertheless, I shall go, sans bull and subsequently sans BS - and cast my vote. Then I shall subversively troll Twitter and FB to find election results in Eastern Canada before the polls close. I just have this irresistible urge to break the law - just to see what happens.

Oh Canada! (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment