Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Woman Among Warriors


I know I shouldn't write a book review before I have finished reading it but... well, why do the "normal" thing?

I'm not even halfway through this book and already it's worth double the price of admission. Malalai Joya is brave, erudite and honest. It's a must read just for the facts about American involvement in Afghanistan - so important to know the truth and not the spin. Take off those rose coloured glasses.

In changing anything (including ourselves) for the better, it is important first to tell the truth about how it is now. This is what this book does. But it is not a book of despair. It soars with human spirit and courage. It gives us hope. I feel hugely energized to help.

The book (and again, not yet halfway through it) is a celebration of all that is good in the human spirit in the face of unspeakable evil.

All that and it's well written too - bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment