Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Guilty Pleasures


I admit that I am indulging in (gasp) guilty pleasures. And no, it's not chocolate - I never ever feel guilty about dark chocolate. It's (sigh) American Idol - and I don't even own a television!

I watch on YouTube - the day after of course, and yes, I miss some of the drama. The upside is that I miss ALL of the commercials.

Why American Idol you may ask? (keeping in mind that I am also a big fan of X Factor and Britain's got Talent.) I love, love, love seeing people excited and happy and winning in their lives. I sit in front of my screen in tears watching people jump up and down with joy. I love happy endings - that goes for books and movies too.

So - guilty pleasure number 2 coming up this Sunday - The Academy Awards. This is the only time all year when I find a friend with a TV who will have me over and put up with me sitting glued in front of the set - completely glued.

Oh - my bets for this year: The King's Speech. Did I say I love happy endings?

No comments:

Post a Comment