Search This Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Support


I am blessed to be part of a group of strong, amazing, gorgeous, supportive women.

Speaking of support - one of my friends posted a definition (from Randy Revell, founder of Context, I believe) that resonates very strongly with me. How do I know that I have been effectively supported by my friends? If I get the results I say I want. Support is not empathy or sympathy or a shoulder to cry on - it's very possible that support doesn't even necessarily look like support at the time - but it is real and true support if it helps me obtain my goals.

I love my group of women - we have been together supporting each other for almost twenty years. And no, it hasn't always felt supportive. And yes, there were times when I wanted out of the group. I'm still here. What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment