Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Space Scrubbing


Today I almost completed my space scrubbing. Space scrubbing is a very important activity and a big focus of The Advancement of Excellence - the third program in the Excellence Series. www.excellenceseminars.com or www.contextinternational.com.

Space scrubbing is something I seem to do instinctively whenever my life undergoes a big change. And, of course, this semi-retirement gig is the biggest change I've experienced in decades - well, one decade at least. Last week, I tossed stuff, I cleaned out stuff, I moved stuff to the garage. Yesterday I put said "stuff" into the car. This stuff included: a pink lampshade, computer cables circa 1992, a chipped blue vase, a bread basket, a Chinese tea pot, a kettle, a game of dominoes, a computer monitor, an angel candlestick - well, you get the idea. The recycling depot welcomed me with open arms.

But first, I drove to the bank, deposited a nice big fat cheque and bought a bank draft that I dropped off at the Toyota Dealership, thus wiping out my car debt.

By the time I got to the Morrell Nature Sanctuary with Abby, I was practically bursting with song. Space scrubbing will do that for you. I hiked the trails in a state of near bliss. I felt - and feel - abundant, wealthy, rich beyond imagining, clean, light and ready for all the good things the universe is about to drop into my lap.

I highly recommend purging your physical space. Clear it out. Make room for new things. Start with the closets and cupboards and the garage, the attic, the basement - check those hidey holes you don't often glance at. When that's done, what else is there? Debts? Discharge them. Nagging chores you've been putting off? Do them. Heck, I even got out my sewing kit and repaired my favourite turtleneck sweater. And believe me, if you know how I feel about sewing, you'll understand how far I stretched to scrub every last inch of my space.

All that's left now is to move garbage to the curb - one week at a time. Oh yes, and wash and vacuum my car. It's all dated. The Advancement of Excellence offers wonderful advice that clears the mind of those nagging chores: do it, date it or dump it. The last one refers to nagging chores you know you will never do. Realize you will never do them/it and delegate or just tell yourself the truth - that it will never get done - and forget about it.

I've done it - I've dated a couple - and I am so ready for the adventure to continue. I don't think I've been this excited since I was a four-year-old on Christmas Eve. Come to think of it, I may be even more excited than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment