Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Parlez-vous Francaise?


I think one of the many secrets of having a fabulous, adventure-filled semi-retirement is to do things you love - things that expand your horizons, things that stretch your comfort zone, things that engage your mind and things that are just plain new or a re-visitation of activities you once loved and have had no time for.

Truth is, I love learning and I love languages. With that in mind, I called the Wentworth Language Centre today to inquire about French classes. I want to get beyond my halting, high-school level French and actually become fluent. I want to be able to "think" in French when I speak it. I was told that the next eight-week session begins next Tuesday. Too soon, I said.

After I hung up, I asked myself, why is that too soon? Really - why? I can afford it easily, The time is perfect. If not now, when? So that's it, I'm enrolled. So excited.

What's next? Spanish? Italian? What other language would be fun to learn and speak and think in?

2 comments:

  1. You are too funny. What's next? How about nailing down French first.
    Love you tons
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also study languages for free through the school district's learn@home program... it could enhance your french studies at Wentworth, work at your own page and it's FREE! (well, free if you don't count your tax dollars already paying for it)

    ReplyDelete