Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Blessed


I am so blessed.

Blessed to be alive, blessed to be living this particular life. Blessed to be living this moment - this exact point of right now.

The secret to happiness? I don't dare to assume that I know that. But I'll tell you what I know for certain. Happiness absolutely is related to our ability to be here now - to take in our blessings and to celebrate them - and to realize that we are being showered with blessings by a benevolent universe right now.

The Buddha said, "What you think you become."

Mike Dooley (a far more contemporary version of a Buddha-like persona) said, "Thoughts become things, choose good ones."

So I think, that in order to keep this joy and happiness flowing, singing, bouncing and pulsing through my life, I simply have to remember, every moment of every day, how blessed I am.

And I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment