Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Done! (well, almost)



I'm so pleased with myself. The cleanup is complete - or as complete as it can be until I take everything to the recycling depot. That's on the agenda for next week.

I wonder why it is that throwing things out always makes me feel so good - much, much better than accumulating more stuff? Interestingly, most people I talk to would agree with me. So then, when we're feeling down, why do we go shopping (retail therapy)? Wouldn't we be better served to get rid of stuff - give it away, toss it, recycle it? And it's better for the planet too.

As a matter of fact, I've left just a tiny bit of clutter here and there (mostly there - there being the kitchen - the last place I cleaned so I was running out of steam) just so that I could make myself feel good again in the future by tossing more stuff.

Okay, I'll tell the truth - I could have thrown out more paper too. But I hit the "feel good" level and that's Goody enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment