Search This Blog

Monday, October 18, 2010

Let the Cleanup Begin


No, this is not the "before" photo - this is the after. I prowled through my closet and my chest of drawers and filled three immense green plastic garbage bags almost to overflowing.

And still, I fear I may not have been as ruthless as I should have been. This is the beginning of a great "throwing away of junk" project that feels necessary to my new, freer status. But still - look at the far right of this photo - see all those clustered hangers? Yes, I know, I need to divest myself of those as well.

I tend to have a philosophy that if I can't see it, it's not really clutter. So when you walk into my house, it all looks rather charming and quite tidy if you ignore the stacks of books everywhere. However, you don't necessarily want to inspect inside the closet or open the kitchen junk drawer and junk cupboard. Yup - I actually have a junk cupboard.

That's all going to change. I am going to arm myself with garbage bags (note to self - purchase more garbage bags) and clean it all out. I will take it all to the dump (known as the Cedar Landfill if you want to be politically correct) and I will even shell out the sheckles required to allow me to add my garbage to the mound. I feel lighter just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment