Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Let There Be Work


I don't think I will ever stop working. When work is a pleasure and when it fulfills those needs that drive us, why stop?

I realized this week that now that the "pressure" is off my work and the stress has disappeared, I enjoy it. I no longer dread Mondays. "Working days" are like any other day. Filled with anticipation, serenity, happiness. I like the flow of my weeks - and that includes how much I love my routines. I don't think it's just me. I think we are creatures of routine. I like doing laundry on Wednesdays and Fridays and shopping on Thursdays. I like my little morning rituals - out with Abby, shower, dress, feed Abby, breakfast, make the bed, fire up the computer - and so on.

And I like the flow of a work week. Even though I now embrace every day, rather than counting down to Saturday, I still like walking up Saturday morning and thinking, "ah - the weekend!" I like each individual day and what it brings.

Time is relative? Oh yes. It used to go too fast. Then it went too slow - now it flows just right. The glory of each moment has me wanting to hug myself and squirm, as though my body can't contain all my emotions.

Today - a wonderful photo-taking walk on the back 40 - this afternoon, a hike on Extension Ridge - and I'm packing a flashlight, just in case. Really, it doesn't get any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment