Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Stories


A comment (based on a book) that my friend, Annette made, got me thinking. What do I do really well? Simple - I tell stories that inspire social and environmental activism - stories that touch people's hearts.

I want to tell some of those stories in this blog. To do so I need your help. Who do you know who has an inspirational story to tell? We hear all the stories every day about the environmental disasters and all the other things in the world that are wrong - foreclosures, child abuse, poverty - the list is a long one. I fear that most of us simply turn away - it's too much, it's too depressing. We pull a blanket over our heads and don't listen - and we do nothing.

I believe most of us are motivated to do something when we are inspired to act. And I also believe there are a million reasons to be inspired. I want to publish some of those reasons.

If you know someone who has succeeded against all odds, tell me. I want to tell their story. Here first, perhaps more later.

Another secret of retirement - use your time to do what you love, to do what you are called to do. to build a legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment