Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

November Hike


It seems I get luckier and happier every day. Today I made a new friend and together (with our dogs) we hiked up Maple Mountain and around it and down - we hiked into the clouds and swirling mist, the cloud muffling all sounds and creating a magic forest of green moss and ferns and shape-shifting trees - the kind of forest where you expect the fairies to come popping out with little, peaked, leaf-green caps on their heads. I could almost see them dancing on the soft carpet of moss.

Then a drive home and a long, hot bubble bath - pure bliss. Lying in the bath, contemplating how very, very fortunate I am.

Reading a wonderful book (Room - shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize) and listening to the rain on the roof. I contemplate this life getting a little better every day - and I contemplate, at the same time, ways to contribute so that others' lives too, can become a little better each day.

Two days since I have done the French catch-up homework I told myself I would do. Oh well - I'm semi-retired - no shoulding on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment