Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

Rainy Friday


Sometimes retirement doesn't feel like retirement - not even semi. Well, it does and it doesn't. Let me explain what I mean. Today I have two features to write, which is pretty much what I'd be doing on any working day.

But, I'm happy to be doing them.

And yesterday, I landed a contract for the kind of free-lance writing I want to do and plan to do more and more of - working with a company that does personal development training. Yes, please, give me more inspirational work. I am called to inspire social and environmental activism by telling powerful stories that touch people's hearts.

My first feature for the day is about a catering service in Kamloops that uses only organic food and sources everything locally. Hurrah! That's easy to get behind. And this company, aptly called Conscientious Catering, even won the Iron Chef Team award.

So, it's not like retirement because I'm working and it's very much my sort of take on retirement because it's doing work that I like.

And tomorrow I am off on a long hike rain or shine with a man I have never met....

Intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment