Search This Blog

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Gratitude #54


Oh yes, I love long weekends.

And I love Canada Day - and I look forward to the day when I can really celebrate this day - that will be the day we have booted Harper out of office.

Meanwhile, another great morning at the Cedar Farmer's Market: potatoes, cauliflower, kohlrabi, bread, eggs, peppers, tomatoes - wonderful!

And this afternoon I'll be picking lettuce, herbs and strawberries from the garden. I also need to catch up on the weeding - and right now it's a constant catch-up. It seems that for every weed I pull six more spring up. And they grow so darn fast. Can't we just hybridize the weeds to make them taste really good? Then we don't even have to bother planting the garden - just go out and pick from the year-round proliferation.

No comments:

Post a Comment